ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From cquinn <carl.qu...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating to Ivy
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:36:17 GMT

Hi all. I'm just looking for some advice.

I am in the process of migrating my company's multi-project build from a
system using plain Ant to one using Ivy.

The current system has lots (140+) of 3rd-party jars, plus internal jars
checked into source control and dependencies fully listed in each of the
many projects' build files. I'm moving us to a system using Ivy 2 with POMs
or ivy metadata for Jars.

It seems like it should be handy to leverage Maven POMs and repositories,
but in practice I'm having a lot of trouble with poorly spec'd dependencies
in the POMs available. I'm thinking it would be better to just create
ivy.xml files for all the Jars we use and correct/tune their dependencies.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggested resources?

thanks
--carl