ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Garima Bathla <garima.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy confs masquerading as dependencies' revisions
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:28:49 GMT
Thanks, Maarten. I'm familiar with dynamic revisions, but I'm straining to
figure out how they would help in this situation.

Suppose the following:
* I've published both JUnit 3.8.2 and JUnit 4.6 to my Ivy repository.
* I've managed to specify a dynamic revision in my own module's dependency
on JUnit that encompasses both 3.8.2 and 4.6. (I'm not sure there's a way to
specify only 3.8.2 and 4.6 and nothing else without resorting to plugging in
a custom version matcher. But let's set aside that issue for now.)
* I am developing another Ivy module that depends on the Ivy module I've
just published, the one that depends on JUnit.

In the module I'm developing--the one that depends only indirectly on JUnit,
through my published module--how could I go about specifying that I want to
use JUnit 3.8.2 as opposed to 4.6, or vice versa? It doesn't seem that
dynamic revisions, in themselves, help me at this level.