ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Sharov <psha...@optima.com.ua>
Subject publish an extending conf
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:03:20 GMT
Hi Everybody,

In my module's Ivy file I have a configuration (say X) which extends several configurations
(say Y and Z). Conf X is the principal conf which is exposed to customers, while Y and Z are
private confs, they are quite 'technical', so are likely to change, add, remove, extend other
confs etc. If I want to deliver/publish conf X and specify conf="X" in ivy:publish (or ivy:deliver)
task, I'm getting an error like 'Cannot exclude a configuration which is extended'. So I have
to specify the whole list of all confs that X extends so that they not get excluded: conf="X,Y,Z".
My question is: is there any way to make Ivy implicitly include configurations extended by
a configuration explicitly specified? That way I would not have to manually synchronize my
build script with my Ivy file every time it changes. Sorry if I've missed this issue in docs
or this mailing list.
Thanks for any hint in advance!

-Pavel