ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Tharp <joshua-th...@alumni.calpoly.edu>
Subject Re: [Request] Help with ivy:publish - bad revision found in ivy file.
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 18:40:56 GMT
(Disclaimer: I'm not an expert either, but since I'm also working on a
holiday, I'll take a shot...)

What does your local repository pattern look like? Is the revision in it
someplace? If so, what is the revision number on the directory name? Is it
1.4 or your longer ${ivy.revision}-<timestamp>-<build type> string?

My guess is that according to Ivy you are trying to republish revision 1.4 a
second time (that the other parts of your name are not being used by Ivy)
and it has found the first copy in your local repository. So, Ivy is
recommending that you either force a delivery (to overwrite the first 1.4)
or update it (to only change certain fields in the published ivy file).

My other suggestion is to check to see if you really want ivy.revision
(which is the last revision number found in the repository) or
ivy.new.revision (which is automagically incremented to a new build number).

Good luck!

Josh