ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Tharp <joshua-th...@alumni.calpoly.edu>
Subject Re: Settings & configuration for retrieving artifacts with classifier (javadoc, src, etc.)
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 18:28:07 GMT
(Full disclosure: I'm new to Ivy as well, so maybe one of the gurus can
chime in and verify this)

You have both "type" and "classifier" attributes at your disposal. In your
ivy file you can say that you only want type "jar" or type "src", whatever.
You can also specify type in your resolve Ant task. If you have a single
build that produces two artifacts of type "jar" then you would use the
classifier to distinguish between them so that you don't end up with a name
collision. For example, if you have a build that produces a client API and
implmentation, your publish section of your ivy file would need to list one
of them with a classifier. With a classifier you could have both
myjar-1.0.jar and myjar-1.0-client.jar.

Josh