ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Hohn <li...@anvard.org>
Subject Re: Published jars for test, pilot, and production environments?
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 21:11:59 GMT

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Kirby Files wrote:

> Is there any reason not to use varying statuses for the different
> environments?
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/settings/statuses.html

This is a good solution if you can have separate downstream projects that
fetch the JARs for each environment. If your situation is more complicated
and you need to fetch different versions of an upstream JAR into the same
downstream project for different purposes (unit test, deployment, etc.),
look into Ivy configurations. They're designed to do exactly what you
want.

In our project we have a unit testing version of some of our projects
(uses in-memory database support, etc.) and Ivy configurations let us grab
one version of the JAR to run tests in the downstream and then grab a
different version when it's time to package an EAR file.

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/tutorial/conf.html

Best regards,
Alan