ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Lorenzi <michael.lore...@raiffeisen.ch>
Subject Building a repository: pom instead of ivy-files
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 07:34:40 GMT
Hi there,

I'm starting to use Apache Ivy and I'm now facing the task to build a
repository.

I read the tutorials "Building a repository" and learned how to use the
install-ant-task. The install-ant-task converts the pom-Files into
ivy-Files. But building a repository in maven-style (with poms) seems the
better solution to me, since Apache Ivy and Maven can handle it, whereas
ivy-Files can only be handled by Apache Ivy. Of course this is only true
for standard-libraries, the ones I contribute myself would be with
ivy-files and in a separate repository.

Is there a posibility to build a repository with pom-files using the
install-ant-task or any other feature provided by Apache Ant?

Kind Regards
Michael
This e-mail may contain confidential material. It is intended only for the person or entity
which it is addressed to. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender or The Swiss Raiffeisen Group and delete
the material from any and all computers it may be stored on. Any views or opinions expressed
in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of The Swiss
Raiffeisen Group. Therefore this e-mail does not represent a binding agreement nor an offer
to deal. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, incomplete or may contain viruses. Neither
The Swiss Raiffeisen Group nor the sender can accept any liability for any kind of damage
as the result of viruses or transmission errors.