ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <G.Clithe...@gns.cri.nz>
Subject Re: Need JAR-files not available in ibiblio (for JavaMail), suggestions
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 20:03:43 GMT
Hi,

if it's Javax things your after then a lot of it is on
http://download.java.net/maven/2/

My resolver to use that looks like

<ivysettings>
<property name="ivy.shared.m2.ivy.pattern"
value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
override="false"/>
<property name="ivy.shared.m2.artifact.pattern"
value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
override="false"/>

<resolvers>

<url name="java.net" m2compatible="true">
<ivy
pattern="http://download.java.net/maven/2/${ivy.shared.m2.ivy.pattern}"/>
<artifact
pattern="http://download.java.net/maven/2/${ivy.shared.m2.artifact.pattern}"/>
</url>

<chain name="shared">
<resolver ref="java.net"/>
</chain>
</resolvers>
</ivysettings>

It is a good idea to run an enterprise mirror anyway, have a look at
http://www.jaya.free.fr/ivy/doc/bestpractices.html

We run three:
1. mirror - mirrors ibiblio etc so we can build without the world being
available and control which jars we use in prod code.
2. manual - like the above but not easy to mirror from the wild (e.g.,
some DB drivers).
3. publish - where we publish our own jars etc.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 05/05/2009 03:49:54 Kent Larsson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently:
>
>- I have no ivysettings.xml (only ivy.xml).
>- I have no JAR-files in version control.
>
>My idea of a solutions:
>
>- Create a directory named localrepository directly under the project
>root. Setup a file repository for Ivy in it. Check it into version
>control.
>- Have Ivy first check if something is in the local file repository,
>then go to ibiblio and check that repository.
>
>Does the above solution sound good overall?
>
>Is there any more information on how to create the file repository out
>there? Preferably a tutorial. The page
>http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html
>has some information but it's for Maven2.
>
>How would my ivysettings.xml file look like? Currently I don't have
>one, so I'm using the defaults only.
>
>Best regards, Kent

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error please destroy
and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.