ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "S Saravanan" <s.sarava...@uasc.net>
Subject RE: exclude does not work when dependency is in inherited config
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 11:46:19 GMT
Hi jefferey,

          It includes all the ivy standard.

Thanks
Saran S

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Sinclair [mailto:jeff@cooljeff.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 5:13 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: exclude does not work when dependency is in inherited config

ivy-user,

I'm finding that an exclude does not work when the dependency being
excluded is inherited from a parent configuration. Is this deliberate or
a bug? I was expecting it to be excluded.

Take the following ivy.xml file:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
  <info organisation="co.uk.cooljeff" module="exclude-issue"
        status="integration"/>
  <configurations>
    <conf name="runtime" />
    <conf name="tests-unit" extends="runtime" />
  </configurations>
  <publications />
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
                conf="runtime->default" />
    <exclude org="junit" module="junit" conf="tests-unit" />
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

junit is inherited from the runtime configuration, however it is not
excluded.

If I were to explicitly add tests-unit to the junit dependency, the
exclude works:

<dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
            conf="runtime,tests-unit->default" />

Regards,

Jeff