ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Eigenbrodt <martineigenbr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using a stand alone Ivy
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 16:16:37 GMT
Hello,
I'm not very into the ivy code but from my experience and what I've read
here I try to answer:

>The main question is: is the Main.main(args) designed to deal with the ivy
from another
>java Program, or there is another way(s) ?

It is probably safer to invoke the ant tasks programmatically. They are more
often used and thus better tested than
invoking main

> When copying the retrieved add-on(always zip archives) in the local cache
directory, Ivy  change the zip archive into  jar >archive.

I think one needs a look at your ivysettings and the ivy.xml of the module
resolved to find the reason

> ... is a zip archive that may contain a description file

Normaly the ivy files are kept beside the artefacts (zips) but  you might
beable to  write a resolver being capable of extracting the ivy from the
zip.

Best regards,

Martin