ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From snowflake <needsmores...@gmail.com>
Subject More expressive filters
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 18:35:47 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to specify a type pattern that retrieves all artifacts
**except** for a particular kind?

I simply want to apply different patterns to my configuration files
(to drop [-revisions]) versus every other types of artifacts.  For
now, I can retrieve jars, sources, and other types that I know of in
advance, but this won't scale as I'll have to list all possible types
and have to know the universe of types beforehand.

For project-wide configuration files:
<ivy:retrieve pattern="${lib.dir}/[organization]/[module]-[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[classifier]).[ext]"
type="config,configDeploy,configTest"  />

For everything else:
<ivy:retrieve pattern="${lib.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[module]-[revision]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
type="-config,-configDeploy,-configTest"   />

if "-config,-configDeploy,-configTest" would simply mean, grab
everything EXCEPT config,configDeploy, and configTest, it would be
perfect.

I did some searching and found previous discussions regarding
extending the filtering capabilities which resulted in the following
tickets:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-439 -> "Add more filters to
the Ant tasks"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-324 -> "Conditional patterns"

but I'm not sure if these features made it to the new version of Ivy
or if they were covered by newer features.

thanks,

Sam