ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Laun Thomas (CI/TMP)" <Thomas.L...@de.bosch.com>
Subject Cache not update
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 14:02:11 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem when retrieving artifacts from a filesystem repository. Ivy is always using
the file from the cache even if there is a more recent version in the repository. I tried
several ways to force Ivy to update the cache, but none of them have any effect. Therefore
I assume that this is a bug in ivy. What I tried so far:

- changing=true on the dependency in ivy.xml
- checkModified=true on the filesystem resolver in ivysettings.xml
- changingPattern=".*" on the filesystem resolver

I have attached a dummy project that reproduces the problem. This is what you have to do:

1. Run ant on the Library project. It will publish two artifacts to a local repository.
2. Run ant on the Application project. It will download the artifacts to the cache and then
retrieve them for the project.
3. Build the Library project again. This will publish a newer version into the repository.
You can check the timestamp in the repository to see that it got updated correctly.
4. Build the Application project a second time. This time, ivy will not update the cache but
only retrieve the existing artifact from the cache. You can have a look at the time stamps
of the files to see that they were not updated in the cache and the Application.

The scenario we are using is quite complex as we use several repositories and caches. I tried
to keep the example as close to our scenario as possible. We are using Ant 1.7.1 and Ivy 2.0.0.
I also tried Ivy-2.1-RC1 but the problem stayed.

As a workaround, I am deleting the cache before every resolve.

In case this is just a configuration error, any help would be appriciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Laun

Robert Bosch GmbH
Telemedicine Platform  (CI/TMP)
Postfach 11 27
71301 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch.com

Tel. +49 (711) 811-3609689
PC-Fax +49 (711) 811-51849753
thomas.laun@de.bosch.com

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried
Dais;
Bernd Bohr, Rudolf Colm, Volkmar Denner, Gerhard Kümmel, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks,
Peter Tyroller; Uwe Raschke