ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject registering an Ivy listener
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 05:29:24 GMT
I'm interested in registering an *IvyListener *implementation to listen for
an *IvyEvent *of some sort. Assume we're working within an Ant script.

Now, I see that it's easy enough to register an *IvyListener **
programmatically*. Just obtain an *EventManager *like so:
IvyContext.getContext().getEventManager();

And then on *EventManager*, I can call addIvyListener(...) to my heart's
content.

But then I have to ask myself, "Why do I have to do this programmatically?
Why not just do it in the Ant script?" Here's an example from the Javadoc
for one particular *IvyListener*, *AntBuildTrigger*, at
doc/reports/api/org/apache/ivy/ant/AntBuildTrigger.html:
 <ant-build-trigger event="pre-resolve-dependency"
                    filter="revision=latest.integration"
                    antfile="/path/to/[module]/build.xml"
                    target="compile"/>

So I'm figuring that there's a typedef preceding this to associate the
element ant-build-trigger with the *AntBuildTrigger *class. But the above
XML appears just to instantiate the trigger, not register it.

So does some XML like the above suffice to actually register the listener
and not just declare it? Or is there some extra XML needed to actually
register the listener with Ivy?

Thanks.