ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From lemine youssef <youssef.m-lem...@nereide.biz>
Subject Re: Using a stand alone Ivy
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:34:36 GMT
Up ..

Hi all,

We are working on a project for managing add-ons on the apache ofbiz
framework. an add-on is a specific functional or technical
modifications, provided as a set of patches.

The add-ons-manager is  designed to :
--> pack  a collection of patches to form  an add-on .
--> install and uninstall add-ons.
--> provide information on the installed add-ons for a given ofbiz instance.

The add-ons will be kept in a public repository accessed using http://
in the form of zip archives, and the use of an add-on may depends on one
or more add-ons. Our needs in terms of dependency management are, at
least for the moment, limited to : 1- Given an add-on name try to
retrieve the latest version from the repository, which is a zip archive
that may contain a description file (ivy.xml for example). all required
dependencies declared in that description file must be retrieved also. I
started trying the use of Ivy by the Use of the Main Class in side my
addon-manager code(Main.main(new String[]{"-setting","path to
setting","-ivy","path to ivy.xml"})) and i have the following notes : -I
did modify the code to comment the System.exit(0) because it terminates
the JVM. -When copying the retrieved add-on(always zip archives) in the
local cache directory, Ivy change the zip archive into jar archive.

Qusetions :
-From your experience with Ivy, is it a good choice for this situation ?

-am I using the Main in the good way, if yes how can i avoid the
termination of my JVM by ivy ?

-can i invoke the resolve or retrieve process using the Main class?
-How to generate  a report of dependencies using the main class always ?

Best regards