ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From lemine youssef <youssef.m-lem...@nereide.biz>
Subject Using a stand alone Ivy
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 10:25:29 GMT
Hi all,

We are working on a project for managing  add-ons on the apache ofbiz
framework. an add-on is a specific functional or technical
modifications, provided as a set of patches.
The add-ons-manager is  designed to :
--> pack  a collection of patches to form  an add-on .
--> install and uninstall add-ons.
--> provide information on the installed add-ons for a given ofbiz instance.

The add-ons will be kept in a public repository accessed using http://
in the form of zip archives, and the use of an add-on may depends on one
or more add-ons.
Our needs in terms of dependency management are, at least for the
moment, limited to :
1- Given an add-on name try to retrieve the latest version from the
repository, which is a zip archive that may contain a description file
(ivy.xml for example). all required dependencies declared in that
description file must be retrieved also.
I started trying the use of Ivy by the Use of the Main Class in side my
addon-manager code(Main.main(new String[]{"-setting","path to
setting","-ivy","path to ivy.xml"})) and i have the following notes :
-I did modify the code to comment the System.exit(0) because it
terminates the JVM.
-When copying the retrieved add-on(always zip archives) in the local
cache directory, Ivy  change the zip archive into  jar archive.

Qusetions :
-From your experience with Ivy, is it a good choice for this situation ?
-am I using the Main in the good way, if yes how can i avoid the
termination of my JVM by ivy ?
-can i invoke the resolve or retrieve process using the Main class?
-How to generate  a report of dependencies using the main class always ?

Best regards