ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nik Trevallyn-Jones <...@babel.homelinux.net>
Subject Re: problems publishing local jar
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 02:27:36 GMT
Kirby Files wrote:
> Nik wrote on 04/28/2009 02:03 AM:
>> I have a number of external JAR files that my project relies on. These
>> jars are not in any Ivy repositories that I am aware of - I just
>> download them.
>>
>> I'm trying to publish/install them into my local Ivy repository, and I'm
>> getting errors.
>>
>> My understanding is that <ivy:deliver> generates the repo metadata for
>> an artifact. Yet I keep getting errors telling me that Ivy can't find
>> the metadata in my cache, or in a repository.
>
> I use ivy:install for this purpose, where the from resolver is a local
> filesystem with a simple [artifact]-[revision].[type] pattern, and the
> to resolver is an SFTP or NFS-based resolver:
>
>     <ivy:install settingsRef="masergy.settings" organisation="${org}"
> module="${module}" revision="${rev}" type="jar"
> from="${localjar.resolver}" to="${to.resolver}" />
Thanks! That did the trick!

I'm really interested as to why the ivy:publish task fails in this
instance? If anyone can point me to the appropriate reading, I would
really appreciate understanding this better.

Once again, thanks for your great solution.

Cheers!
Nik
PS: Apologies for the delayed post - I sent it from the wrong user id :o/