ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: ivy buildlist task
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 23:55:12 GMT
I think I have just realized that buildlist does not work properly unless you have ALL modules
available for it to parse.  Otherwise, buildlist should be a post resolve task since resolution
information would be the only way to get such information between non-direct dependencies.

In other words, if I have a 200 module system, and I give buildlist 5 module descriptors at
random, buildlist will fail to give me the proper order unless all 5 modules are directly
dependent on each other.  Am I correct??  Will I have to parse the cache myself?

---
Shawn Castrianni

From: Shawn Castrianni
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 5:30 PM
To: 'ivy-user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: ivy buildlist task

I am trying to programmatically build up a list of build.xml files to pass into the ivy:buildlist
task.  My problem is that since this is generated dynamically, I don't know how to create
a dynamically generated fileset to pass to the buildlist command.  If all build.xml files
had a common parent directory, then I could create an includes property dynamically and then
specify a single fileset with the common parent directory and the dynamically generated includes
property.  However, I can't guarantee that all build.xml files will have a common parent directory.
 I would normally accomplish this with multiple filesets, but that cannot be done dynamically.
 Therefore, the only thing I can think of is to enhance the buildlist command and allow a
path to be specified along with a fileset.  A path can dynamically be generated since a path
can be appended to using the refid AND a path does not enforce a single common parent directory
for all build.xml files.

Any ideas?

---
Shawn Castrianni