ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From rob08 <rob99br...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: sorting or ordering of resolved jars
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 04:57:09 GMT

Geoff Clitheroe-2 wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I'm not sure that the shadowing is easy to deal with in pure Ivy
> (unless the vendor is providing Ivy files with nice configs or you
> write your own).  You could look at latest strategies and conflict
> resolution
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/settings/latest-strategies.html
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/settings/conflict-managers.html
>
> But if there are no configs available for you to work from then it may
> be simplest to deal with how you set up the classpath in ant with
> different pathelements?
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I reviewed those links, but I don't think that's quite what I'm after...

Here as sample fragment of my ivy.xml:
	<dependencies>
		<dependency org="vendor1" name="patches" rev="latest.integration"
conf="*->@"/>
		<dependency org="myco" name="myenhancements" rev="latest.integration"
conf="*->@"/>
		<dependency org="vendor1" name="core-app" rev="latest.integration"
conf="*->@"/>
	</dependencies>

I find that for the classpath generated by the above, the order of jars is
random.  I have 3 configurations and the CLASSPATH generated by Ivy for each
configuration is different.

I was hoping the CLASSPATH jars could be in the same order as the
dependencies, or perhaps a dependency attribute existed that allowed me to
specify some sort of classpath sort order or priority.

I realise that having an application depend on classpath order is a *bad
thing*, but surely it's not unheard of in the real world, is it?  Anyway, in
this case it's out of my hands - vendor app.

Thanks,