ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From imihov <>
Subject Re: Settings & configuration for retrieving artifacts with classifier (javadoc, src, etc.)
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 21:30:25 GMT

cpslo1999 wrote:
> (Full disclosure: I'm new to Ivy as well, so maybe one of the gurus can
> chime in and verify this)
> You have both "type" and "classifier" attributes at your disposal. In your

Well, I agree about having "type" by default, but that does not seem to be
the case for "classifier". I was able to find this post where Xavier suggest
using an extra namespace to introduce the extra "classifier" attribute:

I am not sure if I am missing something here.

Basically what I have so far is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <info organisation="org.apache.tomcat" module="apache-tomcat"
    <conf name="default" visibility="public" description="Default
configuration maps to master (the artifact itself)." extends="master"/>
    <conf name="master" visibility="public" description="Contains the
artifact published by this module itself, with no transitive dependencies"/>
    <conf name="source" visibility="public" description="Contains the source
artifact of this module, if any."/>
    <conf name="deployer" visibility="public" description="Contains the
Tomcat Deployer."/>
    <artifact name="apache-tomcat" type="distro" ext="tar.gz"
    <artifact name="apache-tomcat" e:classifier="src" type="src"
ext="tar.gz" conf="source"/>
    <artifact name="apache-tomcat" e:classifier="deployer" type="distro"
ext="tar.gz" conf="deployer"/>

My Ivy settings file:

  <settings defaultResolver="default"/>
    <filesystem name="sandbox-repo" m2compatible="true">

    <chain name="default">
      <resolver ref="sandbox-repo"/>
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message