ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Nesbitt <stephen_nesb...@alumni.cmc.edu>
Subject [Request] Help with ivy:publish - bad revision found in ivy file.
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 18:17:39 GMT
All:

I could really use some help figuring out how to successfully perform an
ivy:publish. Here's the scenario:
1) Everything including local cache cleaned. We are starting completely clean.

2) As part of my build initialization, I create a build identifier. It is
composed of the ${ivy.revision}-<timestamp>-<build type>. For example:
1.4-20090525100000-dev. I see an ivy.xml file with the correct identifier in my
out/dist directory.

3) I perform a publish to my local repository. Everything works just fine. I
now have an ivy.xml in my local repo with the expected build identifier in the
revision attribute.

4) I perform another publish *without* cleaning anything. The ivy:publish task
errors out with an "impossible to publish artifacts...bad revision found in
ivy file... Use force deliver or update" error message referencingf the ivy.xml
in my out/dist directory

Huh? This makes no sense. Even if I try with an update it fails? I am
obviously missing something.

Can someone tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Sure I could update and
force deliver, but that doesn't feel right and I don't understand it.

What is the correct way to set the revision on a publication?

I will be more than happy to write up the fix, if someone would tell me what it
is :-)

Thanks

-steve
Stephen Nesbitt
Absaroka Tech
Build & Configuration Management Consulting
Seattle, WA USA