ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Cache not update
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 15:16:16 GMT
Hi.

> I have a problem when retrieving artifacts from a filesystem repository. Ivy is always
using the file from the cache even if there is a more recent version in the repository. I
tried several ways to force Ivy to update the cache, but none of them have any effect. Therefore
I assume that this is a bug in ivy. What I tried so far:

> - changing=true on the dependency in ivy.xml
> - checkModified=true on the filesystem resolver in ivysettings.xml
> - changingPattern=".*" on the filesystem resolver
>
> [...]
>
> As a workaround, I am deleting the cache before every resolve.

I have posted a message reporting this exact same problem. I had tried the
same things, and currently use the same inefficient or error-prone
workaround. Needless to say that I'm also very interested in having this
sorted out (whether bug or feature requiring some appropriate config).

Gilles