ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE bug which results in a NullPointerException
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 13:36:46 GMT
On mercredi 6 mai 2009 14:25:56 Kent Larsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I'm experiencing a bug in the IvyDE plugin for Eclipse. It
> might be better to throw this into the development mailing list, but
> I'm not currently a subscriber to it so I'm trying here first. :-)

this list is actually the place for user inputs and complaints ;)

> I get this error often after starting up Eclipse:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/28wktw7.png
>
> However I do not get it every time.
>
> My setup information is:
>
> Eclipse Platform version: 3.4.2, Build id: M20090211-1700
> Apache Ivy version: 2.1.0.cr1_20090319213629
> Apache IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
> All other plugins of latest stable version
> Xubuntu 8.04
> Java SE 6 from Sun
>
> My ivy.xml file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/f5a5bf912
>
> I do not use any ivysettings.xml (yet).
>
> Is there a JIRA/BugZilla/Other issue system I should submit this to?
>
> In case you need any more information, let me know and I'll do what I
> can to help.
>
> Also, is anyone else except me experiencing this? It still seems to
> work quite well anyway, I can just tell it to resolve again when this
> happens. But I would guess it's of interest as it is a tiny bit
> annoying and would help making the plugin more reliable in case it
> would be solved.

As far as I could test, it works for me, no NPE.
But could you please open a jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE
with attached the log of the error: the complete log will be found in the
error log view if you have the Eclipse SDK. Otherwise it will be in your
workspace:
/workspace/.metadata/.log

Nicolas