ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Sinclair <j...@cooljeff.co.uk>
Subject exclude does not work when dependency is in inherited config
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 11:42:55 GMT
ivy-user,

I'm finding that an exclude does not work when the dependency being
excluded is inherited from a parent configuration. Is this deliberate or
a bug? I was expecting it to be excluded.

Take the following ivy.xml file:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
  <info organisation="co.uk.cooljeff" module="exclude-issue"
        status="integration"/>
  <configurations>
    <conf name="runtime" />
    <conf name="tests-unit" extends="runtime" />
  </configurations>
  <publications />
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
                conf="runtime->default" />
    <exclude org="junit" module="junit" conf="tests-unit" />
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

junit is inherited from the runtime configuration, however it is not
excluded.

If I were to explicitly add tests-unit to the junit dependency, the
exclude works:

<dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
            conf="runtime,tests-unit->default" />

Regards,

Jeff