ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Вячеслав Артюхов <>
Subject ivy:resolve ant task and JAVA_HOME environment variable.
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:36:02 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Вячеслав Артюхов <>
Date: 2009/4/16
Subject: ivy:resolve ant task and JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Good day, gentlemans.

I have a problem with <ivy:resolve/> ant task.
I execute my build.xml from command line and behaviour of resolve task
depends on value of JAVA_HOME environment variable.

If JAVA_HOME points to java1.4 than ivy downloads revisions in cache.
If JAVA_HOME points to java1.5 no download is proceed.

I launched my build.xml a large number times and always, when JAVA_HOME
points to java1.4 all revisions were downloads to cache and overwrite them.
And always, when JAVA_HOME points to java1.5 no download is proceed.

Here is my ivysettings.xml

  <settings defaultResolver="repository" validate="false"/>

<caches checkUpToDate="false"/>

    <chain name="repository" changingPattern=".*" checkmodified="true">
       <filesystem name="myFileSystem" changingPattern=".*"

Here is a part of code in my build.xml:

    <ivy:settings file="${ivy.settings.dir}/ivysettings.xml" />
    <ivy:resolve file="${root.dir}/ivy.xml" refresh="true"/>
    <ivy:retrieve pattern="${root.dir}/../[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>

I'm sure, all properties ivy.settings.dir, root.dir are correctly set.

Vyacheslav Artyukhov

Вячеслав Артюхов.