ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <G.Clithe...@gns.cri.nz>
Subject ivy:install and dependency attribute differences
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 03:45:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Ivy 2.0.0-beta1.  I'm have an ivy.xml file that describes
dependencies to build a project and I'm working on creating a build file
to copy those dependencies to an enterprise repo using the ivy:install
task.  Basically I expect to;

1. get a project with an ivy.xml file.
2. bless the dependencies outlined in the ivy.xml file.
3. copy the dependencies to the enterprise repo.
4. build and test the project from the enterprise repo.

Is there someway to run the install task directly from the ivy.xml file or
another way to streamline the process?  At the moment I'm cutting and
pasting and the attributes are different in each tag so it is not very
efficient?  e.g., to describe a module;

dependency has attributes: org, name, rev
ivy:install has attributes: organistation, module, revision

<dependency org="commons-dbcp" name="commons-dbcp" rev="1.2.1">
           <exclude org="javax.sql" name="jdbc-stdext"/>
       </dependency>

<ivy:install settingsRef="geonet.enterprise.settings" overwrite="true"
transitive="true" haltonfailure="false"
           organisation="commons-dbcp" module="commons-dbcp"
revision="1.2.1"
           from="${from.resolver}" to="${to.resolver}"/>

Thanks,
Geoff

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error please destroy
and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.