ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From paul.newp...@targetgroup.net
Subject Re: Deleting previous JARs/revisions - avoiding duplicate JARs
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:35:59 GMT

What you actually want to do is at a synch=true on the ivy-retrieve ant
task (if you are pulling back jars that way), or click the "delete old
retrieved artifacts" checkbox if you are using the IvyDE from within
Eclipse.

             Alex
             <alextcollins@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       ivy-user@ant.apache.org
             28/04/2009 11:04                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Deleting previous JARs/revisions -
             ivy-user@ant.apac         avoiding duplicate JARs
                  he.org

Hi all,

I've recently started using Ivy for a small 'core' package where I work
(that's your 'noob' flag). I really like what I've seen so far, but I'm
stumped on one thing: removal of previous JARs (i.e. revisions) when a
newer
revision is available. For example, say I have my-lib.1.1.jar and I change
my ivy.xml to require 1.2, I would like the my-lib.1.1.jar to be
removed/deleted.

I *think* the conflict element in my ivy.xml (ref:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/ivyfile/conflict.html) should do
this for me, but the documentation is quite confusing and there are no
examples. Furthermore the default conflict manager is latest-revision which
is what I'd assume would be used, so I doubt there's any explicit
configuration needed. Regardless, my ivy:retrieve does not remove it and
I'm
left with duplicate JARs in my lib folder - something I really want to
avoid.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing please?

Many thanks,

--
Alex Collins

Security System.

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com