ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Georges Labr├Ęche <glabre...@stream57.com>
Subject Retrieving Time Stamped Snapshots
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:54:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm Trying to resolve my Ivy snapshot artifact retrieval issues and stumbled on the following
archived mail:

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-retrieve-updated-snapshot-builds-from-a-Maven-repo--td21374500.html

Basically I have been having the same issue even when implementing the fix that has been elaborated
by Lez.

I am using Archiva as my Artifact Repository Manager (http://archiva.apache.org/)

This is what I have:

In my ivysettings.xml:

<chain name="archiva-chain" changingPattern=".*-SNAPSHOT" checkmodified="true">

                <ibiblio name="archiva-internal"

                                m2compatible="true"

                                root="http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/internal/"/>

                <ibiblio name=" archiva-snapshots"

                                m2compatible="true"

                                root="http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/snapshots/"/>

</chain>

In my ivy.xml

<dependency org="company " name="artifact" rev="1.0-SNAPSHOT" changing="true">

                <artifact name="artifact" type="dll" ext="dll"/>

</dependency>

My snapshots folder in http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/snapshots/ contains the "company"
folder which itself contains the "artifact" folder which itself contains the "1.0-SNAPSHOT"
folder with the maven-metadata.xml that looks like so:

<metadata>

  <groupId>company</groupId>

  <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>

  <versioning>

    <latest>1.0-SNAPSHOT</latest>

    <snapshot>

      <buildNumber>1</buildNumber>

      <timestamp>20090415.193900</timestamp>

    </snapshot>

    <versions>

      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

    </versions>

    <lastUpdated>20090415193900</lastUpdated>

  </versioning>

</metadata>

In the 1.0-SNAPSHOT folder I have my artifact file: artifact-1.0-20090415.193900-1.dll.

When executing and ivy retrieve from the CLI, the console output informs me that it is trying
to retrieve the following file:

http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/snapshots/company/artifact/1.0-SNAPSHOT/artifact
-1.0-SNAPSHOT.dll <http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/snapshots/company/artifact/1.0-SNAPSHOT/artifact%20-1.0-SNAPSHOT.dll>

Which obviously does not work because such a file does not exist; when dealing with snapshots,
we are using time stamps and the filename of the artifact is artifact-1.0-20090415.193900-1.dll,
not artifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.dll. Somehow it seems that the resolver is not reading the maven-metadata.xml
file to figure out which time stamped artifact file to retrieve.

I've tried explicitly setting the pattern and usepoms attributes in the ibiblio resolver but
not dice:

<ibiblio name="snapshots"

                m2compatible="true"

                root="http://localhost:8081/archiva/repository/snapshots/"

                pattern="[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"

                usepoms="true"/>

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

-          Georges