ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Georges Labrèche <glabre...@stream57.com>
Subject Exception When Directly Executing The Ivy JAR.
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:30:57 GMT
Hello,

I'm having issues when running ivy retrieve upon directly executing the JAR instead of using
the ivy:retrieve task in Ant.

The reason I am doing this is because I am using NAnt and the exec task instead of Ant and
Ivy tasks.

For instance, the build.xml Ant script of the hello-ivy example implements the following "resolve"
target:

<target name="resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies with ivy">

        <ivy:retrieve/>

</target>

This works perfectly.

Porting this to a NAnt script would result in the following "resolve" target:

<property name="ivy.jar" value="tools\ivy\ivy.jar"/>

<target name="resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies with ivy">

        <exec program="java" commandline="-jar ${ivy.jar} -retrieve ivy.xml"/>

</target>

Executing this task throws the following exception:

     [exec] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: problem durin

g retrieve of Stream57#Cortex: java.lang.RuntimeException: Multiple artifacts of

 the module commons-cli#commons-cli;1.0 are retrieved to the same file! Update t

he retrieve pattern  to fix this error.

     [exec] :: retrieving :: Stream57#Cortex

     [exec]  confs: [default]

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.core.retrieve.RetrieveEngine.retrieve(RetrieveEng

ine.java:196)

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.Ivy.retrieve(Ivy.java:540)

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.Main.run(Main.java:268)

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.Main.main(Main.java:168)

     [exec] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Multiple artifacts of the mod

ule commons-cli#commons-cli;1.0 are retrieved to the same file! Update the retri

eve pattern  to fix this error.

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.core.retrieve.RetrieveEngine.determineArtifactsTo

Copy(RetrieveEngine.java:349)

     [exec]  at org.apache.ivy.core.retrieve.RetrieveEngine.retrieve(RetrieveEng

ine.java:102)

     [exec]  ... 3 more

The error message suggests to "update the retrieve pattern  to fix this error." So I have
also tried the following:

<exec program="java" commandline="-jar ${ivy.jar} -retrieve ${lib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>

But the same exception is thrown.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Regards,

-          Georges