ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Valerie Wagner <valerie.wag...@sri.com>
Subject Creating a resolver that builds missing module dependencies
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:28:02 GMT

Hi, I'm just getting started with Ivy and so far everything works great!

I have a multi-module project, each with it's own ivy file.  I've
written two custom resolvers.  The first finds third-party libraries
in a common "lib" directory in our project.  The second finds modules
that are already published in our project.

If one starts with a top-level "publish-all" ant command (as in the
Ivy examples), everything is fine.

But if one starts with any arbitrary module where the dependee modules
aren't yet published, the Ivy resolve task of course fails.

I'd like to be able to write a resolver that (if the module is not
found by the first two resolvers) will go to that module and execute
the "ant publish" command.  I see that there is a packager resolver
that might be used for this, but my reading of its documentation
implies to me that this is primarily intended for building modules
downloaded from elsewhere.

This seems like it should be a fairly normal use case.  Can anyone
please advise me?

Thanks,
Valerie Wagner