ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Extra Attributes, Modules and Artifacts
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:00:04 GMT
Extra Attributes work if I use them in modules, but don't work if I
use them in artifacts. I'm using Ivy 2.0 final. Here is an example:

In my ivysettings.xml I define a pattern which includes the extra
attribute 'classifier'.

<ivysettings>
     <settings defaultResolver="internal"/>
     <resolvers>
         <filesystem name="internal">
             <artifact
                     pattern="/Users/hans/gradle-git/build/
distributions/exploded/samples/flat/lib/[artifact]-[revision]-
[classifier].[ext]"/>
         </filesystem>
     </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

If I define the extra attribute in the module everything works fine
and the resolve works:

<ivy-module version="1.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
     <configurations>
         <conf name="api"/>
     </configurations>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency name="myart" rev="1.0" e:classifier="JDK15"
conf="api->default"/>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

If I define the extra attribute in the artifact, the extra attribute
is not used for resolving

<ivy-module version="1.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
    <configurations>
         <conf name="api"/>
     </configurations>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency name="myart" rev="1.0" conf="api->default">
             <artifact name="myart" type="jar" e:classifier="JDK15"/>
         </dependency>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

The resolve fails, as Ivy searches for: /myart-1.0-[classifier].jar

Is this a bug?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter