ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: problems publishing local jar
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:19:13 GMT
Nik wrote on 04/28/2009 02:03 AM:
> I have a number of external JAR files that my project relies on. These
> jars are not in any Ivy repositories that I am aware of - I just
> download them.
>
> I'm trying to publish/install them into my local Ivy repository, and I'm
> getting errors.
>
> My understanding is that <ivy:deliver> generates the repo metadata for
> an artifact. Yet I keep getting errors telling me that Ivy can't find
> the metadata in my cache, or in a repository.

I use ivy:install for this purpose, where the from resolver is a local
filesystem with a simple [artifact]-[revision].[type] pattern, and the
to resolver is an SFTP or NFS-based resolver:

     <ivy:install settingsRef="masergy.settings" organisation="${org}"
module="${module}" revision="${rev}" type="jar"
from="${localjar.resolver}" to="${to.resolver}" />

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect