ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: Configurations and Ivy file confusion
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:28:07 GMT
Tom wrote on 04/23/2009 12:23 PM:
> Ok. Just to verify if I have got it right. If I say in my ivy.xml:
>
> <dependency name="slf4j" conf="runtime->core,log4j"/>
>
> Then in slf4j there is:
>
> <conf name="log4j" visibility="public" />
> <dependency name="log4j" conf="log4j->some-log4j-id"/>
>
> And again log4j there would be a:
>
> <conf name="some-log4j-id" visibility="public" />
> <dependency name="another" conf="some-log4j-id"/>
>
> Is this the way the cascading is linked?

Yup, that's about it. In this case, slf4j happens to use the default
configuration for log4j, but the config looks like you specify it above.

> Are there also any deliverables or artifacts (what are they called
> again) lines?

Yes, each module declares its "publications", which include the ivy
files and the artifacts (jars). Each jar it publishes can be published
under one or more of the above configurations. So the slf4j-api.jar is
published in the "core" config, and the slf4j-log4j12.jar is published
in the log4j config:

<publications>
[...]
         <artifact name="slf4j-api" conf="core"/>
         <artifact name="slf4j-log4j12" conf="default, log4j"/>
</publications>

Thanks,
   --kirby