ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tom <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: Configurations and Ivy file confusion
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:23:47 GMT

> A module defines one or more configurations, which will be used to
> meet different needs. For example, the logging framework slf4j defines
> a "core" configuration, which includes only the API jar. It then has a
> configs for each implementation choice a user might want, "log4j",
> "jul", "jcl", etc.

Ok. Just to verify if I have got it right. If I say in my ivy.xml:

    <dependency name="slf4j" conf="runtime->core,log4j"/>

Then in slf4j there is:

    <conf name="log4j" visibility="public" />
    <dependency name="log4j" conf="log4j->some-log4j-id"/>

And again log4j there would be a:

    <conf name="some-log4j-id" visibility="public" />
    <dependency name="another" conf="some-log4j-id"/>

Is this the way the cascading is linked?
Are there also any deliverables or artifacts (what are they called
again) lines?

Tom