ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: Publishing multiple artifacts ... dependent jars
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:07:40 GMT
Gavin wrote on 04/23/2009 10:59 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Ivy. It is all working quite well, except one small problem...
>
> I am using the CXF java library that has many dependencies. However, these
> dependencies are not used by other libraries, so I would like to declare
> them in the cxf ivy file.

You really shouldn't be publishing the artifacts from other modules
(libraries) in your cxf module. AFAIK, there's only one revision for a
given module, and all of its artifacts.

> I have a cfx-2.1.3.jar and about 10 other dependent jars with names like
> wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar, xml-resolver-1.2.jar, etc.
>
> I would like them to be retrieved in to my lib dir with their version number
> (cfx-2.1.3.jar, wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar, etc). I have used the configuration
> below... which works but the dependent artifacts end up with the cfx version
> number (i.e wsdl4j-1.6.2-2.1.3.jar).

I would have the cxf module just list each of these as a dependency
with transitive=true. You can create basic ivy modules from the maven
repo for each dependency using the ivy:install task with from=ibiblio
to=local-repo.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files