ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tom <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: Configurations and Ivy file confusion
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:02:50 GMT
Good for you, it also took me the better part of the afternoon to get a
working ivy.xml. I would suggest providing some more tutorials around
the configuration concept.

Just to clarify: right now I'm trying to setup different collections of
jars for building and testing. E.g. I have a set with jars that are
required for building, which differs from the runtime set and from the
test set.

For example:
- runtime = log4j, commons this, commons that, framework here, ...
- build = runtime + servlet.api (servlet api is provided by the
container, so not part of the deliverable/runtime, but required for
compiling the sources)
- test = runtime + junit, hsqldb

In the end it is simple, but never the less... Since this maybe is a
common setup, it might make a good example.