ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject IvyDE workspace resolution
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:30:12 GMT
Thanks a lot for adding the Resolve in Workspace feature to IvyDE. It
is very helpful (esp. being able to use F3 to jump to a source file in
another project and add a new method, or even CTRL-1 to quick fix and
add a missing constructor).

However, I've noticed that it can be pretty inefficient, particularly
when enabling the feature, or opening a project. One problem is that
it kicks of a complete rebuild of the Workspace when it finishes
resolving dependencies for a project. So, if I turn on the feature, or
restart eclipse, if I have N ivy-managed projects, I'll have N
resolves, and N workspace rebuilds -- as opposed to the desired N
resolves and 1 workspace rebuild.

Is there any way to change IvyDE to delay the builds until all
projects have finished resolving?

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files