ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Duffin <pduf...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: Branch Management
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:53:29 GMT
Alan,
     I came to the same conclusion about the conflict manager, have been
looking at the source for Ivy to see how they work and how to extend /
modify them.

Apart from ignoring or failing I can't see any other approach to dealing
with branches because as we use them they don't have any order and by
definition are conflicting, e.g. one branch has one change in another
branch has a different change in, so if both are needed by another
module then it is an error that can only be resolved by merging the two
together.

So if you have the following revisions what should the behavior be:

1.1.0 branch ORANGE
1.1.0 branch APPLE
1.2

Does this fail because revision 1.1.0 has two branches, or is it assumed
that 1.2 supersedes all 1.1.0 revisions and so works. My gut feel is
that it should work but that if I have.

1.1.0
1.2 branch ORANGE
1.2 branch APPLE

Then it should fail. So the branch only affects the revision that was
selected by the conflict manager and does not affect the selection of
that revision.