ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Re: Branch Management
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:05:09 GMT
I find your comments very interesting, Paul, because I have similar
issues with my projects.

It seems to me that one solution is to provide a custom conflict manager
which does, in fact, check the branch. I don't believe that one exists.
I'd be interested in working on this with you because, as I said, I've
got the same problem!

There appears to be an AbstractConflictManager in the
org.apache.ivy.plugins.conflict package which is intended to be
extended. The docs are a little terse on the exact details of using
this. However, looking at the code from svn it appears the
ModuleRevisionId is part of the IvyNode and this is accessible from the
resolveConflicts (which passes the parent and the conflicts to resolve)

In my case (which must be quite typical) I have a master library which
has all the 3rd party jars in it. My own projects build intermediate
jars which are resolved into final artifacts (actually currently all
wars) I store the intermediate jars and wars in a 'working' and
'published' repository shared between developers.

It seems to me that these repositories would have to have a pattern
which actually included the branch to ensure that a particular
intermediate jar could be picked up and used with the right
dependencies. I've considered but don't think 'confs' are the right way
to go, because you want to be able to add/remove a version control
branch without having to modify all the conf files - obvious really...

Interested in your feedback.

Regards

Alan Chaney