ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Paul Duffin <pduf...@volantis.com>
Subject Branch Management
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:12:45 GMT
I have a couple of questions about branches in Ivy. I have searched high
and low for any information on it but cannot find it either on mailing
lists or on internet in general. Searching for "ivy branch" brings up a
lot of gardening references.

Apologies if I have missed something obvious, or am just being stupid
but I can't get my head around this at the moment so would appreciate
any help you could give.

What is the purpose of branches in Ivy? I presume they are related to
branches in version control systems but cannot find a concrete example
of how or why you would use them.

How do they affect conflict resolution? e.g. say thanks to transitive
dependencies I have two modules, com.acme#dynamite;1.0 on branch1 and
com.acme#dynamite;1.0 on branch2 is that a conflict? I presume that it
is. If so how is it resolved, in favour of branch1, branch2 or neither
it just fails.