ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Re: Building a "filesystem" repository by hand?
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:15:47 GMT
Hi Gilles

A "minimal" ivy repository is two files - an ivy.xml file describing an
artifact and the artifact itself. You then need to make sure that the
folder layout corresponds to the ivy patterns that you are using with
that repository. The default for organisation = org.myproject and module
= 'mymod' with a jar
at version 0.1.2 would be:

<repostiory base> (as declared in the filesystem resolver)
       org.myproject
                mymod
                      ivys
                            ivy.xml
                            ivy.xml.md5
                            ivy.xml.sha1
                      jars
                            mymod-0.1.2.jar
                            mymod-0.1.2.jar.md5
                            mymod-0.1.2.jar.sha1

If you have something like this and you are getting errors, you need to
check the ivy patterns that you are using. The MD5 and SHA1 checksums
are I believe required by default but you can select one, both or
neither by appropriate settings in the ivy properties files.

I've recently built a large enterprise repository by using ant tasks to
install from maven and/or copy over jars and hand-edited ivy files from
the local filing system. Its a bit tedious (in fact, I'm working on
automating the whole thing) but it works.

HTH

Alan