ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Re: Are IVY Default Repositories Mandatory?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:28:04 GMT
Hi Robert

I don' think that they are mandatory - its just that the recommended 3
repository approach is what is pre-defined in the ivy settings in the
ivy jar.

I found the documentation quite confusing over this, and had to
experiment a lot, but I have separate repositories defined outside of
${user.home}/.ivy2

Which repository you publish to or resolve from is entirely up to you.
I've a set of repositories that I use for testing the dependency
management and another one that I use for team work, and I select the
set of repositories by having a master property which chooses which one
to use.

Also, the default Ivy cache is in ${user.home}/.ivy2 - maybe that's what
you are seeing (just a guess)

Regards

Alan Chaney