ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: configuration help
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:48:32 GMT
I suppose that would work, but I think allowing "configuration intersection" where a module
declares a dependence on the intersection of 2 or more configurations of another module is
a cleaner approach.  Your wildcard approach would require lots of configurations for all permutations
of all axis to be declared which might clutter up the ivy.xml file.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Matthies [mailto:ml_ivy-user@nmhq.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:44 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: configuration help

On Tue 2009-04-14 at 17:35h, Shawn Castrianni wrote on ivy-user:
> I need something like:  win32 client artifacts, linux64
> server artifacts, etc.  I essentially need to specify the
> intersection of two configuration names and have the artifacts that
> only exist in both configurations get resolved.
>
> Is this possible?  I would think this might be a popular enhancement
> for those using ivy for native code modules.

Maybe a different approach would be to support configuration names
with wildcards, like "win32-*" and "*-server". More generally, if
there were four axis A-D, one could declare an artifact to be valid
for "A-*-C-*", i.e. for any B and D, for example.

-- Niklas Matthies

and delete all copies of this message.