ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject configuration help
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:35:32 GMT
I currently have lots of ivy modules (with native code) setup using configurations as a way
to subset the artifacts for the different platforms I support: win32, win64, linux32, linux64,
and solaris.  Then all of my dependency declarations use "*->@" so that resolving win32
conf of module A will get win32 conf of module B, win64 conf of module A will get win64 conf
of module B, etc.  This works great.

However, my trouble is that I would like to further subset my modules in a different way other
than platform.  Something like: client and server.  This subsetting is a completely different
axis then subsetting by platform so I need both at the same time.  In other words, I need
something like:  win32 client artifacts, linux64 server artifacts, etc.  I essentially need
to specify the intersection of two configuration names and have the artifacts that only exist
in both configurations get resolved.

Is this possible?  I would think this might be a popular enhancement for those using ivy for
native code modules.

Without this feature, I have to declare 5 (number of platforms) * 2 (number of distribution
types) = 10 configurations:

win32-client
win32-server
win64-client
win64-server
linux32-client
linux32-server
linux64-client
linux64-server
solaris-client
solaris-server

Imagine the headache if I had more than 5 platforms and more than 2 distribution types.

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.