ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE workspace resolution
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:34:39 GMT
On mercredi 22 avril 2009 15:30:12 Kirby Files wrote:
> Thanks a lot for adding the Resolve in Workspace feature to IvyDE. It
> is very helpful (esp. being able to use F3 to jump to a source file in
> another project and add a new method, or even CTRL-1 to quick fix and
> add a missing constructor).
>
> However, I've noticed that it can be pretty inefficient, particularly
> when enabling the feature, or opening a project. One problem is that
> it kicks of a complete rebuild of the Workspace when it finishes
> resolving dependencies for a project. So, if I turn on the feature, or
> restart eclipse, if I have N ivy-managed projects, I'll have N
> resolves, and N workspace rebuilds -- as opposed to the desired N
> resolves and 1 workspace rebuild.
>
> Is there any way to change IvyDE to delay the builds until all
> projects have finished resolving?

IvyDE cannot have control of when the build occurs, Eclipse is handling them.
And Eclipse triggers a build each time the classpath change.
But maybe we can improve IvyDE so it will try to do a batch of ivy resolve
rather that launching them in sequence. There is already a batch ivy resolve
job which is the "Resolve All" button. You could probably reuse that kind of
job each time IvyDE have to recompute a set of containers.

Nicolas