ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: configuration help
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:22:45 GMT
On Wed 2009-04-15 at 04:48h, Shawn Castrianni wrote on ivy-user:
> I suppose that would work, but I think allowing "configuration
> intersection" where a module declares a dependence on the
> intersection of 2 or more configurations of another module is a
> cleaner approach.  Your wildcard approach would require lots of
> configurations for all permutations of all axis to be declared which
> might clutter up the ivy.xml file.

Ok, I skimped over the details. The intent of my approach was exactly
that you wouldn't have to declare all combinations, and instead can
use wildcards when declaring configurations and artifacts. This means
that the set of concrete configurations is potentially open-ended,
yes, because anything matching the wildcards is admissible. The point
of this approach is that it retains the property that dependencies are
still defined just in terms of singular configurations, not
intersections of configurations or whatnot. This likely makes it
easier to implement, would affect less other code and hence be more
robust.

-- Niklas Matthies