ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alex <alextcoll...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleting previous JARs/revisions - avoiding duplicate JARs
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:04:35 GMT
Hi all,

I've recently started using Ivy for a small 'core' package where I work
(that's your 'noob' flag). I really like what I've seen so far, but I'm
stumped on one thing: removal of previous JARs (i.e. revisions) when a newer
revision is available. For example, say I have my-lib.1.1.jar and I change
my ivy.xml to require 1.2, I would like the my-lib.1.1.jar to be
removed/deleted.

I *think* the conflict element in my ivy.xml (ref:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/ivyfile/conflict.html) should do
this for me, but the documentation is quite confusing and there are no
examples. Furthermore the default conflict manager is latest-revision which
is what I'd assume would be used, so I doubt there's any explicit
configuration needed. Regardless, my ivy:retrieve does not remove it and I'm
left with duplicate JARs in my lib folder - something I really want to
avoid.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing please?

Many thanks,

--
Alex Collins