ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Artifact Lock Failures
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:06:01 GMT
I did not know there is an actual lockfile, where is it located?

This might explain some selective lock failures I have been experiencing
during resolve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Berlin [mailto:sberlin@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:38 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Artifact Lock Failures

Hi All,

The artifact-lock strategy seems to be broken right now if an ivy
process is killed while a lock is held.  The lockfile is left around and
any subsequent attempt (in later ivy processes) fails, because the lock
will never be deleted.  The only way to continue is to delete the cache
or manually delete the lockfiles.

I'm not sure if simply adding 'file.deleteOnExit' will work.  The
javadoc says it doesn't run on abnormal termination, and has some pretty
strong warnings about not using it for file-locking.  Perhaps a shutdown
hook that deletes all in-use locks?  Will shutdown hooks be run on
abnormal termination?

I'd think the NIO Lock strategy is the only safe one if none of the
above workarounds (or other workarounds) can be used.

Sam