ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: [solved] How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:23:16 GMT

If you're getting this behavior, think you've either made an error in
configuration or uncovered a bug.   Could you post your respective
config files rather than describing what you did?

> OK, so to recapitulate for the mail archives (experts please
> correct where I'm mistaken):
>
> First, note that there is *repository* cache VS *resolution* cache:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/concept.html#cache
>
> It seems to me, the only safe solution is using a separate
> *repository* cache for each ivysettings.xml (at least), but
> it's enough to associate that cache with the custom resolvers
> (not to the built-in resolvers like "default", "local" and
> like; those you can <include> in your ivysettings.xml), so
> the cache of the Ibiblio artifacts can still remain global.
> Oh, and lockStrategy="artifact-lock" should not be forgotten
> if the repository cache will be accessed concurrently.
>
> Also, if I get it right, you should use at least one
> *resolution* cache per ivysettings.xml per user account, and
> that you better associate to each resolvers, i.e. even to the
> built-in ones. Actually I have to do it with even finer
> granularity: I use one resolution cache per ivysettings.xml
> per user account per project, because two projects that use
> the same ivysettings.xml may be built in parallel (automated
> integration builds on the server).

Without seeing your config files I may be missing something somewhere,
but this seems like just a very circuitous way of specifying different
default caches in each ivysettings file that you use.   This would
assign both the resolution cache and repository cache uniquely in each
settings file.