ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:28:52 GMT
Are you overriding the defaultCache attribute in your ivysettings file,
or are you just defining caches as attributes of resolvers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Dekany [mailto:ddekany@freemail.hu]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 12:47 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?

I declared own cache for all resolvers that I use, and that solved this
problem for a while. But if I resolve something that is also in the
default cache of Ivy (I mean ${user.home}/.ivy2/cache) the project
pollutes or otherwise access it, and that will cause "unknown resolver"
errors again.

For example, I store ant#ant in my own repo, called "myResolver", which
uses its own cache. Still, if the default cache of Ivy also contains
ant#ant (same revision), when I ivy:resolve in my project,
${user.home}/.ivy2/cache/ant/ant/ivydata-[revision].properties is
modified so that it's last line will be resolver=myResolver. Thus, when
something else than my project uses the ${user.home}/.ivy2/cache later
to get ant#ant, I get a "unknown resolver myResolver" error. Why does my
project touch the default cache at all when I set a project-specific
cache for all resolvers that it uses?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany