ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Eigenbrodt <martineigenbr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: trying to configure the Hudson Ivy plugin
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:27:36 GMT
Sorry for answering late, haven't seen this before.

> I've seen an issue in Hudson's issues tracker that describes this same
> problem. The issue thread suggests this has been fixed as of March 5:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-Issue-3100--New---Correctly-configured-ivy.xml-in-project-post-build-action-results-in-HTTP-404-error-td22129981.html

It seems there has not been a release of the plugin since this fix.  You
could try to build it yourself from the svn.  There seems currently somebody
working on the plugin and I think a release will be triggered if the work is
done...

>   - "Trigger the build of other project based on the Ivy management
>   system": upstream projects; projects that this project depends on
>   - "Build other projects": downstream projects; projects that depend on
>   this project

Yes, I admit this is very unclear: "Trigger the build of other project based
on the Ivy management" actually means
"Let Hudson recognize downstream Projects of thi based on the ivy.xml".
You than still have to tell Hudson to *build* the downstream project, that
is check the "Build other projet", you don't nead to fill in names.
The reason for this is that "Build other projects" is within the core and
the Ivy plugin does not duplicate the code for this.

Best regards,

Martin